Pickleball was introduced to the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 2012. We have grown from two lined tennis courts to 12 dedicated outdoor courts, 8 public lined tennis courts, and 15 indoor courts at four venues coast wide. We have 350+ players across the coast ranging in age from 10 to 88. A local junior high school and a junior college are offering pickleball on their physical education curriculum. A MS coast player is on the pro circuit and numerous players are medal winners in tournaments nationwide. We are proud of how far we have come. We welcome you to join us and experience the joy of playing pickleball.
- It's easy to learn: New players are always welcome and it's challenging to master so experienced players keep coming back.
- The funny name: It's more difficult to get mad while you're playing a sport called Pickleball.
- It's easier on the body: The smaller court means less running so it's easier on the joints. We have players with hip and knee replacements, arthritis, broken backs, heart and other transplants, tennis elbow, chronic illnesses, plus one of our best players is 89 years young.
- The social aspect: The court is smaller so it's easier to get to know your teammates and opponents. You meet lots of happy people of all ages.
- Helps mental health and focus: It curbs anxiety, depression and keeps the mind sharp.